8 Mar 2012

Big Tarpon on fly
Rainy Season
Mr. Steve STARLO Starling

I know this point very well.
I enjoied catching Tarpon and Flathead here before I was crazy about Barramundi fishing.

But I've never caught any 50cm+ big Tarpon here.
Those tarpon's average sizes were 30cm - 40cm.
Tarpon was always a very nice fighting fish.

Mr. Steve STARLO Starling caught very big-size Tarpon.
He got a cracking tarpon on fly in the harbour on 5th. March: 52cm fork, 60 to tail tips.
And he said he was headed out again on 6th. March to do battle with the big tarpon from his boat.






StarloFishing
Gotta love big Indo-Pacific tarpon on fly! Few fish pull harder on a kilo-for-kilo basis, in my opinion. Thanks to Dave Krantz for snapping the pic in the heat of battle, and Brett Wilson for his great little fly!



I've never tried fly-fishing.
I can guess that it must be very exciting.


By the way,
When I caught Tarpon here, I always used Classic Lures/Red head and Bomber/Red head.
These lures did work!






I recommend these above lures for Tarpon fishing in the night time.
Classic Lures should be shallow-dive bibs better than thi above picture.
Bomber Long A 14A/Red head should be better than 15A here.
Twitch, twitch and twitch!


☆MY SECRET HERE☆
Barramundi here don't like any big actions of lures, therefore, I use a steady retrieving for catching them.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link.

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ
にほんブログ村



Thank you very much.

No comments: