27 Mar 2012

Barramundi 463
By ultra noodling
SQUIDGY FISH
Rainy Season
バラマンディールアー

March should be a very tough season for fishing by land based.
September is also a very quiet season for fishing by land based.
Both March and September are at a change in the season.

It's a fine day today.
The tides were good.
The sea wasn't very wavy.
Using an ordinary fishing tackle, probably, any fish won't eat lures tonight.

According to Mr. Dave Krantz,

Hi Hiro,

I see from your blog that the poor conditions are not keeping you from catching a few fish.
Also pleased to see you seem to be using light gear - Glenn Hubble and myself among others call this approach 'noodling' due to the light rods involved. Phil Newton and Matt West are the first guys that I am aware of to use this finesse approach with great success. Hubble is also a big fan of the st croix rods.


I'm not very familiar with the word as Noodling.

What is "NOODLING"? ♪~( ̄。 ̄)

I think that noodling means a fishing style with a very high performance light spinning reel, spinning rod and line-system.

Is that right?

Noodling is popularizing because many able Barramundi anglers have already been using it in Darwin.

I know these following very skilled Barramundi anglers use "NOODLING" now.
I respect them very much.
And I like these Barramundi anglers very much.

Mr. Allan Warchot.
Mr. Carlo Chonga Esmaquel.
Mr. Dave Krantz.
Mr. Glenn Hubble.
Mr. Keith Watson.
Mr. Mario Clancy Faggion.
Mr. Mark West.
Mr. Marty Krantz.
Mr. Matt West.
Mr. Phil Newton.
Mr. Ronald Voukolos.
Mr. Sam Lew.
Mr. Shannon Holopainen.
Mr. Stephen Lew.
Mr. Steve Osborne.
Mr. Steve STARLO Starling.
Mr. Tim Bishop.

Noodling is not only for catching a small Barramundi now.
I know that Mr. Mark West caught some 90cm and larger Barramundi with SQUIDGY FISH 65mm by Noodling.

The latest technologies of reels, rods, lines and lures made Barramundi fishing something simple to use.

Mr. Matt West who was Great champion of Barramundi Classic 2010 is interested in using a very small and light tackle now. He tested a very small #1000-size spinning reel for catching nice sized Barramundi.

My fishing rod now is probably the thinest blanks in an above Barramundi anglers becaus of my fishing location.
Ultra noodling!
That means that my spinning rod is a very thin high performance rod.

That's what reminded me.
Mr. Carlo Chonga Esmaquel had used the thinest noodling same as mine.


However, Noodling has a problem. Only problem with Noodling is as follows,

When casting a lure overhead with a long swinging line, lure hit me squarely in the head or ear.
It's very dangerous.
Be careful!

I believe that "NOODLING" brought more fish to me.


I received e-mail from Mr. Stephen Lew on 28th. March 2012.

Hi Hiro,
You might have to make up a new term for it.
If you google Noodling it generally refers to a method of catching large catfish with your hands only.
Stephen

Stephen is a very good fishing-mate and friend of mine.
Thank you very much for your giving me this very important information.
I think that noodling means a fishing style with a high performance small spinning reel, light spinning rod and line-system here.
However, I don't want to confuse them.

I won't use it.




Finally, today's result here,
Sand bank on the beach
Super shallow water!
Only night time possible.






26th. March 2012 Barramundi
Land based,Darwin,NT,Australia






SQUIDGY FISH


Colour: SILVER FOX

Size: 60mm

Where: Super shallow water 20cm

Water: Very murky Outgoing

Tuning: TT LURES 1/16oz. #1/OL

Tuning: Glue SQUIDGY FISH to jighead

Line: FIRELINE CRYSTAL 14lb

Line: Leader Line 0.55mm Dia. BLACK MAGIC

Knot: The Kaneit Knot

Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 2500FG

Rod: ST.CROIX with bees wax

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS

Action: Steady retrieving






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link.

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ
にほんブログ村



Thank you very much.

No comments: