7 Apr 2012

More than 100 Barramundis.
The streams at Kakadu
By land based
Mr. Shannon Holopainen

Mr. Shannon Holopainen is an ideal and a proper land based Barramundi angler to me.
He look like a GHOSTBUSTERS.
That means his fishing tackles and safety gears are ideal and proper for the land based Barramundi fishing.


I received an e-mail from Shannon tonight.


Greetings Hiro,

I noticed on your blog that you are using a 1000 sized shimano reel now! I just received a new ZPI knob for my old 1000 Stella (the previous knob was partially eaten by a native rat!)... perhaps I should re-spool it with some line heavier than the 3lb fluoro presently on there, lol. It is good that many people seem to be using light tackle up North now.

I have been fishing the streams at Kakadu the past 2 weekends, catching well over 100 barramundi, as well as a few tarpon and saratoga. I lost a very big one in Magela Creek that was well over a meter... using finesse tackle around trees means catching many more fish, but it is difficult to control anything over 70 cm. Almost all were caught on Megabass X-Layer stickbaits (I went through 4 packets of these), OSP Mylar Minnows (I went thropugh 4 packets of these also) and on various walk-the-dog style Megabass surface lures. I have had to spend a few hundred dollars restocking all the soft-plastic lures that have been chewed through. Some very frenzied fishing times, with one night at Nourlangie Creek leaving me with many fish over 55cm.... my lures were getting hit every cast! The mosquitoes, however, were horrible. Now I understand what all the excitement is about in regards to the run off. Unfortunately I only have photos of when Sarah was around, otherwise there would be many more (I should put more effort into taking photos with my iPhone i think).

Today I fished the point where I last saw you. I only caught a few cod and a strange little flathead. I think I'll return there for the low tide at midday tomorrow.

It is nice to see all the publicity you are getting. Your blog was extremely helpful to me when I first arrived in Darwin a few months ago.

Tight lines,
Shannon Holopainen






Barramundi






Barramundi






Rockcod






Barramundi






Saratoga






Barramundi






Barramundi


☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Shannon.



Thanks to Shannon's results, I can understand that my new very light fishing tackles will bring more fish to me but not very easy to land up 70cm and larger fish.
That's very true.

I've kept saying that my new very light fishing tackles were family-style fishing tackles for lure-fishing on the shallow water.

Probably, catching fish by land based, most of family men prefer catching many fish by lures every time to catching a 70cm and larger fish by lures once a three year.







Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link.

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ
にほんブログ村



Thank you very much.

No comments: