6 Jul 2012

Very, very cold water
Barramundi 621
SQUIDGY FISH
バラマンディールアー

I received many e-mails from beginners of lure fishing.
They asked me where my secret points were?
They asked me when the best tide was?

I think, there should be much more important factor to the lure-fishing.

Match the bait

I think, probably, many beginners of the lure-fishing misunderstand "Match the bait".

They tried to match the colour and shape of the lure to the bait.
But they didn't try to match the motion of the lure to the behavior of the bait.

I caught a small Queenfish by BOMBER LONG 15A/Fire Tiger (The chartreuse) at Lee Point Rocks last Sunday.

Normally, Queenfish likes very fast retrieving of the lure.  

My method was different from normal one.

Weather: Sunny day

Water: Very, very clear in the dry season

Target bait in the dry season: Longtong

Longtong is green in colour.

Longtong normally is floating on the water.

My choice of the lure: BOMBER LONG 15A

Colour of the lure: Fire Tiger (The chartreuse)

Action: Deadly slow retrieving and Twitching

As a result,






Probably, this green-colour BOMBER looked a Longtong to Queenfish.


And,

I caught a very small Barramundi tonight.

It's very cold and windy.

I saw that the other anglers caught some whitings on the sand beach.

My choice of the lure: SQUIDGY FISH

Colour of the lure: SILVER FOX

Action: Slow retrieving and pause

As a result,






Probably, this SQUIDGY FISH/SILVER FOX looked a Whiting to this small Barramundi on the  sand beach.

5th. July 2012
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia





SQUIDGY FISH

Colour: SILVER FOX

Size: 70mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Very clear Outgoing

Tuning: OWNER/Berkley NITRO 1/6oz. #1/O

Tuning: Glued SQUIDGY FISH to jighead

Line: POWERPRO 10LB

Leader line: SCHNEIDER 0.55mm Dia.

Knot: The Kaneit Knot

Reel: SHIMANO STRADIC CI4 1000F

Rod: ST.CROIX 2 pcs 6'6" 4-8LB

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS

Action: Slow retrieving and pause






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.