18 Jul 2012

The cold water
51cm Bluebone
Mr. Keith Watoson

Bluebone by lures ???

〇Not by catch.
〇Main target is Bluebone on occasion.
●Bluebone should be one of the best popper-target.
●Bluebone is very powerful.
●Bluebone is very good eating.

These above factors are what I have long been contemplating.

My good friend Jiro started catching a Bluebone by a popper on the shallow water by land based.
Jiro had gone back to Japan.
I sometimes caught some Bluebones by a small popper by land basd at Jiro's point.
Even a small Bluebone strongly pulled my fishing line very much.
I have always thought that Bluebone fishing by a popper is very, very fun to catch.
But I've never used those pictures for my blog.
I won't tell Jiro's point anyone until he'll be back to Darwin.

However, I want to suggest a Bluebone fishing by a lure to all Barramundi anglers in Darwin now.
Because Mr. Keith Watoson caught a 51cm very nice Bluebone on July 15.
Probably, the boaters can find some nice fishing points on the shallow water.
I hope Bluebone fishing by lures will be very popular in Darwin.



51cm nicely powerful Bluebone was caught by Keith.

According to his facebook,

Tried to put a bend in the new rod with a Barra... however this 51cm Bluebone is not a bad consolation.

By Mr. Keith Watoson




Keith's new weapon!
This is a true weapon.
Mossyback BSR801 and Stradic Ci4 3000

Who is Keith?

I heard that Keith caught a 105cm Barramundi on Easter Sunday. 
And so I deeply asked him to send me the picture and his comment. 
Keith accepted my request with good grace. 
I received e-mail from Mr. Keith Watson. 

☆☆☆ 105cm Barra caught on easter Sunday in a coastal creek in Chambers bay. 


Hello Hiro,

I was casting a 17A Olivia Bomber on a GLoomis GLX BCR802 Baitcasting rod matched with a Shimano Chronach reel loaded with 30lb Suffiz braid 832. It was about halfway through the run out tide just as the water was falling off the top of the flats. The big girl was actually sitting in a drain just waiting to ambush the bait or in this case a large bomber lure....lucky me. It took me just under 5 mins to land her in the tight mangrove country and it was a true nail bighter trying to get it in the net. We didn't weigh her but we reckon it would of went 40lbs.... it was very fat and very heavy for it's size. 

Hope this email reaches you this time... Cheers Keith 

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Keith.  

By the way, Do you remember that I've always kept saying as follows, 
Mr. Keith Watson is the best angler of casting lures by spinning rod I've ever seen before. 
His casting technique is the fine arts. 
He is a master hand of casting lures.




Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ


Thank you very much.