23 Dec 2012

Sunday morning
56cm Urban Barramandi 718
Reidy's Shallow diver
Prototype

We had a big rain.
Normally, we can't expect a good result of the land based fishing around Darwin city just after a big rain.

Barramundi can live in both fresh and salt water.
Therefore we can catch barramundi after a big rain in purely freshwater environments.
This is because we can find bait fishes, shrimp and crayfish that live in most freshwater habitats even after rain.
It's very hard to find such a freshwater environment in the region of Darwin City.
I still fish the shore when it is rainy, but it is not the ideal time.
In my experience, the best time for catching many good-size saltwater barramundi from the shore in the rainy season is when we have had no rainy for 24 hours.
To stretch a point, my very good friend, Chonga said to me, there may be some possibilities in an urban creek under the condition as above.

So I went to Ben's Point.

I also have an another reason why I wanted to come here.
I wanted to test Reidy's new lure at the muddy water like a Shady Camp.
I've already known that this Reidy's shallow diving lure was very, very good for the shallow water.

As a result,
I caught a very nice 56cm Barramundi.
Reidy's Shallow diver prototype is a very good lure.




56cm urban Barramundi
December 23, 2012
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia




REIDY'S SHALLOW DIVER PROTOTYPE

Colour: LIME GREEN

Size: 65mm

Where: Shallow water 50cm - 70cm

Water: Muddy Incoming

Line: FIRELINE 14LB CRYSTAL

Leader line: SuerCatch SOFTMAX 40LB

Knot: The Kaneit Knot

Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 2500FG

Rod: SHIMANO TCURVE FLIGHT 1-4kg/1-9g

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #1

Action: Steady retrieving






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.