1 Sept 2012

Not stable waters now
Had to find their waters for Barramundi
Barramundi 651-652
Rockcod 166-167
SQUIDGY FISH

Considering my land based Barramundi fishing around Darwin city...

Many people believe that a developing water temperature should be very good for fishing.

I agree with it.
And I partly couldn't agree with it.

The developing weather starts August in Darwin.
Normally I caught many Barramundis in June, July and August on the sallow water here.
And I always couldn't catch many Barramundis in September.  It's really hard.
I caught many nice Barramundis in October again.

●I couldn't catch many Barramundis in August this year.

It was thought that the sea water of June, July and October was uniformly stable in water temperature and quality.
June and July were stably cold.
October was stably warm.

August - September were not stable in water temperature and quality.
I thought that there were some different waters around Darwin city in August and September.

Barramundis are staying in their comfortable water now.
However we have some ways of settling this matter.

Mr. Aaron Happe and Mr. Allan Warchot caught nice sized Barramundis in this August.
They tried to find a special water on the shallow water.
●Muddy water

And I caught some Barramundis at the tide change.
There are two different tide changes.

I often heard as follows,
People believe that they can catch more Barramundis in warm warter and developing water temperature.

I agree with them.
And I partly don't agree with them.

There are many muddy waters in the warm water season.
And so we can catch more nice sized Barramundis.  This is true.
But Mr. Stephen Lew caught 95cm and 106cm Barramundis at the shallow water on the cold water this year.
And I mostly caught more Barramundis on the stable and the descending water temperature.
I caught more Barramundis just before Sunset and night time than late morning.
It was thought that the stable water temperature should be the best for my land based Barramundi fishing and the 2nd. best is the descending water temperature.
Even late morning time, we'll catch Barramundis if the water temperature becmes stable.
I think that it's not easy us to catch many Barramundis on the very, very cold water.
I think these following waters can produce good results.
●Stable cold water (not too cold)
●Stable warm water
●Descending water temperature

Rapid change in water temperature should be bad for our land based Barramundi fishing even the descending water temperature.

Of course, some fickle Barramundis will be caught even the ascending water temperature of the day.  We don't know the detail whether the water is uniform or not in water temperature and water quality  at that time.

As a result, my catches were rats in size.




Barramundi 651




Barramundi 652




Rockcod 166




Rockcod 167

August 30, 2012
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia


SQUIDGY FISH

Colour: DROP BEAR (Very effective for muddy water)

Size: 80mm

Where: Shallow water 50cm-70cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Tuning: OWNER/Berkley NITRO 1/8oz. 3.5g #3/0

Tuning: Glued SQUIDGY FISH to a jighead

Line : FIRELINE 14LB

Leader: SureCatch FULUOROMAX 40LB

Knot: The Kaneit Knot

Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 2500FG

Rod: ST.CROIX

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS

Action: Steady retrieving







Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.