19 Sept 2012

More attractive land based
Golden Trevally, Whiting, Lizardfish
Rockcod, Barramundi
Mr. Shannon Holopainen

Shannon is a very, very attractive land based angler.
And he's a very, very nice person.
My good friend!

I received an e-mail from Mr. Shannon Holopainen tonight.


Howdy Hiro.  Long time no see!

I haven't been fishing the harbour too much until 2 weeks ago.  It seems the barra are moving again.  During the last low tides, I fished the XX point and landed several barra, a 38cm cod and lost a bigger barra that threw my lure whilst tailwalking.
A few days after that I tried at the start of Stokes Hill Wharf.  On the first day I hooked 3 trevally, but lost them all - one when the hook pulled as I grabbed the leader, another larger one when a 60ld snap bent straight as I tried to get the fish grips in; and a third to oyster encrusted rocks.  The next day I was more prepared, losing one fish on lighter tackle but landing a nice golden trevally on a 3012 Exist and my lovely Zenaq Defi Redge seabass rod! The lure was a Megabass Deep X, with standard freshwater trebles that almost straightened - I have to remember to upgrade things for powerful fish!  I also caught a few odd fish, including what I believe to be a Nightfish - looks like a cross between a bass and a barra - which changed colour out of the water.
I've attached a photo of one of the odd fish I caught... looks like a whiting with a large, carnivorous mouth! It was quite powerful for its size.
I've been getting the usual 40cm-60cm barra from the freshwater places I've fished recently.
I am going to try that shallow XX tonight during the big high tide for some mangrove jack... fingers crossed.
I am heading to Tokyo in a month, so shall be buying a new Stella and a Shimano final dimension rod! I am very excited... a big fishing lolly shop!
Hopefully I see you around again soon... I am going to try to fish more often before I leave to Japan.

My warmest regards,
Shannon Holopainen.

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Shannon.

I hope that many beginner-anglers are interested in his land based fishing.
I think his fishing is awesome!
You'll be surprised at the much bigger fun than you've expected.




Golden Trevally
Reel: DAIWA EXIST 3012
Rod: ZENAQ DEFI REDGE SEABASS
Lure: MEGABASS DEEP X




Nice sized Whiting by soft plastic bait
We should develop a Whiting fishing more and more in Darwin.



Lizardfish
Good for a fish cake in Japan




Nice restaurant sized Rockcod
Very good for a steamed fish in Hong Kong




Darwin City common sized Barramundi
Still very storong!






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link.

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.