8 Jun 2014

53cm Winter sea barramundi #887
HRT LURES MAD MINNOW
Double hooks

Even if the sea surface was flat, barramundi normally would take lures in the night.
Nevertheless, they wouldn't take lures when the state of being windless on our shallows.
Once the wind rose, they would take lures again.

It's off the subject, but I prefer the time at which the moon is at first quater when half its face is illuminated to the full moon as follows,




I originally used double hooks for my land based barramundi fishing before and caught many barramundis in those days.
And then I used treble hooks for one year.
Finally I arrived at a conclusion.
Double hooks should be much more effective for catching sea-barramundi by land based than treble hooks.

HRT LURES MAD MINNOW was recommended me by Mr. Matt West who was a champion of Barra Classic 2010.,
That was four years ago.
I have been using it since then.
I thought that it was a very good lure for the shallow waters.
I caught many rockcods but I didn't catch many sea barramundis by using it.

Using double hooks, I could find a true potential of this lure this time.




The rear double hook moves so smoothly as they swim around in the seawater.
It looked a tail fin.
The front double hook looked pectral fins.

Basically this lure swims at the slightly deeper depth range of the water to compare with the other shallow diving lures.
Using double hooks, this lure was able to produce a very effective action as a "Touch and GO" to many rocks for the barramundi fishing while swimming in the shallow water.




Unfortunately, we can't find the above double hooks in Darwin.
I must import OWNER Cultiva Stinger Double Hooks from Japan.

As a result, I caught a very solid winter sea-barramundi tonight.




53cm Urban sea-barramundi (Winter version)
June 7, 2014
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia




It should be nicer to barramundi than using treble hook.
Less damages.


     


HRT LURESMAD MINNOW

Colour: 023 fire engine

Size: 70mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm -50m

Water: Clear Incoming

Line: SUFIX 10LB

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 30LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Hook: OWNER Cultiva SD-36 Double hook #2 

Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Steady retrieving (Automatically touch and go)






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.