9 May 2013

106.5cm Urban Barramundi
By land based
Mr. Stephen Lew

Stephen is the top man of our land based barramundi fishing.
He's really 'Big Barra man' by land based!

Stephen's result:

73cm Barra / June 2012
95cm Barra / July 2012
106cm Barra / August 2012
56cm Barra / November 2012
75cm Barra / November 2012
94cm Barra / December 2012
91cm Barra / February 2013 
58cm Barra / April 2013
106cm Barra/ May 2013 

I received an e-mail from Stephen.

Hi Hiro,

The neaps this weekend wasn’t good for us landbased fishos.
Water conditions were too clear and a bit windy at our usual places.
So I went exploring around the foreshore near the CBD.
It was early in the morning and was a bit worried about some of the long grassers camping down near the old oil tanks.
There was a patch of dirty water coming through on the incoming tide.
I saw a lot of GT’s or skinnies busting up on baitfish further out.
But I could not cast that far with my light gear.
So I targeted this patch of dirty water.
Lo and behold this beauty struck.
It is now my personal best at 106.5cm.
Who knew that you could catch a fish like this on these tides and at this location!
I will try it again the next set of neaps. But I think I just got lucky.

Tackle used was:

Gloomis 6’3” Bronzeback spin rod

Shimano 2500FE Stella

Tasline 25lb braid

Sunline FC Rock 50lb Fluorocarbon leader

Lure used was a Halco 105mm Hamma in Colour Caviar R35.

Very well made lure with interchangeable bibs. 1m and 2.5m diving depths and built in rattle.

Steady retrieve with small pauses.

Incoming around 4.0m.

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Stephen.




106.5cm Barramundi was caught by Mr. Stephen Lew.
May 6, 2013
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.