6 Aug 2012

106cm Barramundi
By land based
Mr. Stephen Lew

I received a message from Mr. Stephen Lew as follows,

●Water very dirty and rough sea over the weekend.  We had lots of fun down at ......

I asked him,

●Did you take pictures?

Stephen sent me an e-mail with a nice picture.

●Hi Hiro,

What an interesting weekend of fishing.

As you mentioned in your blog, it has been getting was very windy in the afternoons which has been turning the water very brown making it very hard to fish.

Sam, Edmond and I decided to base ourselves in the somewhat sheltered waters of xxxxx.. Beautiful blue water, with a hint of brown on the outgoing and incoming tides. Yachts making a nice backdrop. Steve Osborne came down later in the day as well.

We caught a few around the 45cm mark over the past few days as well as the usual rock cod and flathead.

After we called it quits for the day. I went home to an empty house so decided to head back down again.

Usually there are a few xxxxx there having xxxxx. Since it was a public holiday today no xxxxx so I managed to get a carpark straight away.

Two other anglers were just leaving as I walked down. I then proceeded to walk along the ledges trying to find some dirty water.

Had no luck and as it was beginning to get dark. I decided to have the usual “one last cast”.

Bang. Something hit it hard and took out towards the sea. I had to tighten the drag a bit to try to slow it down a bit. Making sure that I kept pressure on the line all the times!

It jumped three times and I finally managed to pull her in after what seemed like an eternity.

I was sure that it would throw the hook at every jump.

So here she is. My first metery at 106cm. As you can see the reel looks so small!

I didn’t want to keep her out of the water for too long. So I only managed to take to one photo after I measured her.

My hands were still shaking as I revived and released her.

I didn’t realise until I got home that I was using a 3/0 hook! It was perfectly hooked in the corner of the mouth.
Catching these fish on such light gear is so much more fun and challenging.

What a day!


Tackle used today was:

Graphiteleader Veloce Neo rod.

Shimano 2500 Stella FE.

Black Magic 40lb leader

Suffix 832 20lb braid

Silver fox 80mm. 3/0 jighead.

Stephen

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Stephen.




August 6, 2012
106cm Barramundi was caught by Mr. Stephen Lew.
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia




Stephen caught a 95cm Barramundi on July 8, 2012 too.

Stephen became an Urban Monster Barramundi catcher.





Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.