5 Nov 2013

Dave Krantz has opened up new territory in the field of fly fishing!
Mr. Dave Krantz
Mr. Glenn Hubble
Mr. Peter Zeroni

I thought that Dave was fighting with a big fish on jigging when I saw the following picture.




He wasn't jigging.
Strictly speaking, he was fighting with a big fish on fly.

I asked Dave to send me some pictures and the details of his new project.
And I received e-mails from Mr. Dave Krantz tonight.

For reference,
My fishing column of NT News is organized and edited by Mr. Dave Krantz.

E-mail from Dave as follows,

  • I will send you a few pics later this week from last Saturday – I went out with Glenn Hubble and peter Zeroni and we caught some nice fish.  I got a few good ones on my new fly rod that I bought for deep bluewater fishing, including mackerel, GT and golden trevally.  Then Hubble got a sailfish on his very light spin gear and a small metal lure. A very exciting day!
  • Here are some pics from my recent blue water trip.  I am trying out some new techniques for fly fishing in deeper water and they worked well.  Stewie Martin, a local fisho who is very knowledgeable about fly fishing, showed me a few things that were very helpful.
  • I have got a heavier rod and large reel to make it easier to lift the fish from down deep.  My new flies I have been making for this purpose were attractive to the fish too, so a good day all around.
  • I was fishing in 30m of water, letting the fly get down deep and then stripping it back up.  I used a sink tip fly line.  Great fun and also very effective on the day.
  • Here's a few pics of the sail that Glenn hooked on his light gear too.  Very nice fish.

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Dave.




Mackerel on fly




Dave's weapon for Mackerel




Golden trevally on fly




GT on fly




Dave's SA 600gr




Nice sail fish was caught on light gear by Mr. Glenn Hubble popularly known as Harbour Master.




Even so, BARRADDICTION is so cool!
BARRADDICTION owned by Mr. Peter Zeroni.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.