7 Jul 2014

Many Pikey Breams in Darwin in July

I had been too busy to spare time for catching barramundi since July 23.
1:30pm I went fishing to the urban rocks in accordance with outgoing-tide timing for catching barramundi.
I couldn't see the right bait pattern.
Probably I should have used a Squidgy fish 70mm Mint Jelly at that time.
I couldn't catch any barramundis there after all.

Normally I don't use frozen-prawn bait for my fishing.
I prefer lure fishing to bait fishing.
But I bought a pack of frozen-prawn bait at the petrol station this afternoon.

3:00pm I went fishing to the urban channel in accordance with outgoing-tide for catching pikey bream.
"Pikey bream fishing in Darwin" is held mostly in dry season when the climate and temperature is mild, the weather is good and the sun is not too strong.




Very easy fishing.




Small!




I caught more than 10 pikey breams there.
These breams were smaller than in the average year.
I almost lost interest in catching those pikey breams because of having caught them too often.

I wanted to try to use a new lure.




Very small lure but heavy!




Trevally took it soon.




3 more trevally by this lure.




3 rockcod also.

But I couldn't catch any pikey bream with this lure after all.


Metal blade lure

Colour: 

Size:

Where: Shallow water 50cm -70m

Water: Very clear Outgoing

Line: SUFIX 10LB

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 30LB (Very nice for the shallows)

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot


Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Steady retrieving






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.