10 Jul 2014

He has caught 14 metery barramundi so far this year.
Mr. George Voukolos Jr
DOA

Mr. George Voukolos Jr is a barramundi fishing legend among barramundi fishing legends.

I was taught how to fish in Darwin city by Mr. George Voukolos Jr in 1989.
He chose fishing rod, reel, line, sinker, hook and so on for me.
He taught me how to make fishing-knots.
The next day, I caught my first 74cm queenfish from the wharf.
I had George teach me how to catch a long tail tuna.
The next day, I caught my first 4.5kg longtailtuna with a vibration lure from the wharf.
George suggested me to use a REBEL minnow for catching sea barramundi on shore.
Using REBEL minnow, I understood how to master characteristic of sea barramundi trait correctly.
I was very lucky because I met the best teacher for fishing in Darwin first.
As a result, I have been crazy about fishing since then.

I caught a metery barramundi only once.
I think that George catches around 30 metery barramundi every year.
He has already caught 14 metery barramundi so far this year.

Of course, he can catch a metery barramundi in the cold-dry season.
He caught a very solid 104cm winter barramundi in June too.




Where: Daly river by land based

Lure: D.O.A.

Line: Sufix 824 30LB

Leader: SCHNEIDER 45LB

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: QUANTUM EXO PT

Rod: GLoomis GL2




I didn't know how to use this above lure properly.
George's lure-action: Pump, pump and stop

Fortunately, I had an opportunity to listen to George about his fishing tactics.
The following memo shows the best timing for catching a metery barramundi.




Written by Mr. George Voukolos Jr






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.