13 Jul 2013

Saturday fishing
Trevally #33
Rockcod #297-298
Barramundis in the cold water?

Normally, our cold water is still very productive in barramundi fishing in Darwin.
Barramundi won't take lures at the sudden water-temperature change.
The stable water temperature is ideal for our fishing. 
Even under the condition of a very cold water, they start biting lures once the water temperature became stable again.

Normally, monsoon rains wash away excess sands from shore.
But we didn't have enough rains in the last wet season.
I see many oyster-rocks covered with or as if with sands under the water on our shallows.
That means that the environment for barramundi is getting worse.

By the way, I went fishing to the rocks today.
It took 10 minutes there from my place by my 50cc scooter.




Trevally-fishing is always fun. / Reidy's Little Lucifer Export - Kryptonite

Mr. Stephen Lew (The top man of our land based barramundi fishing) and I were waiting the tide change.
We needed to play our time away and so enjoyed the prawn-bait fishing there.
There were many hits of small fish just before the lowest tide.




There were Flatheads, Breams, Whitings and the other small fishes there.
I kept Whiting for my sashimi-dinner but she was stolen by a crab.
I like the above 'the softest coolest shirt / UPF50' very much (FISHING and OUTDOOR WORLD)




Rockcod would take any lures.
YO-ZURI CRYSTAL MINNOW




Rockcod would take any lures.
SQUIDGY PRO MONGREL




Mr. Stephen Lew, Mr. Leigh Eldridge and I tried the first incoming tide at the rocks.
I used the above Mongrel and hooked 3 middle sized barramundis but couldn't land them up.
Leigh might think that my fishing rod today was too soft and thin to hook up those barramundis properly.
Barramundis live in the cold water.

My fishing gears today


Line: FIRELINE 14LB CRYSTAL

Leader: BLACK MAGIC 40LB

Knot: The Kaneit Knot

Reel: SHIMANO STELLA 2500FE

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action (very thin and soft)

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2







Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.