27 Feb 2013

Arnhem Land
Flathead by land based
Mr. Rick Mooney

I received an e-mail from Mr. Rick Mooney last night.

Rick's blog.
seekrit spot » nhawi

Hi Hiro,

I love your website, very inspiring! I live over in Nhulunbuy and I am just getting into land based barra fishing here. I have a tinny but enjoy the land based too and my son Kai is 9 so he is at a good age for shore based. I have bought some good light weight gear and my first session this afternoon resulted in a nice pair of 40cm flatheads - no barra tho'! (using your favourite squidgy fish in silver fox and black gold!) If you reply to my email I will send you a picture.

My Calcutta is really better for trolling, I have a Shimano Antares Version 2 coming which will be a more suitable reel. I will spool it with lighter braid.

Also have a Daiwa Certate spinning reel coming to match a Shimano Raider Soft Plastic Flathead  FH6101SP rod.

If you ever have the chance to visit Arnhem Land we would love to see you here in Nhulunbuy, I am sure we could have some good fishing - and eating!

Reel: Shimano Calcutta 400 TE

Rod: Shimano River Raider 3-6kg

Main line: 15kg braid

Leader: 25kg mono jinkaii

Lure: Squidgy Fish Black & Gold, Nitro Owner 3/0 1/8g

Place: Gunyangara

Tide:incoming, 2 hrs after low   

Water depth: 30-60cm

Water colour: muddy

Slow retrieve, time was about 18:20, close to Sunset & Moonrise, (i like
moonrise & moonset as best time for fishing) Full moon.

2 flathead, 1 40cm, 1 35cm

Cooked in egg & panko for dinner!

Cheers,
Rick

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Rick.
I'm interested in the fishing in Arnhem Land very much.




Flathead with SQUIDGY FISH / BLACK GOLD by Mr. RickMooney
February 26, 2013
Land based, Arnhem Land, NT, Australia






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.