4 Jul 2018

51cm Barramundi #1147
Trevally #48
Golden Snapper #20
Savage Gear 3D Minnow Twitch 80
Squidgies Fish 80mm

There are a lot windy days lately.
So on windy days, it is not easy to find a fishing location which is suitable for the lure fishing.
The force of the wind was weakened on Saturday morning.
I decided to go fishing to Channel Island by my 150cc scooter depending on the tidal level.
Any tidal level over 2.8m has too much water to access to my usual fishing location there.
By the way, you should always be aware of the risk of a saltwater crocodile attack in all Top End waterways. 
It is never 100% safe to enter the water. 
Your personal safety is your responsibility.

SAVAGE GEAR provides a hard-body lure to be swum little by little like a small mullet.
This was my first time using a Svage Gear 3D Minnow Twitch 80.



First, an approximately 50cm trevally took its lure in an 1m-deep clear water.


The force in this size trevally is always very strong.

Second, a 51cm barramundi took the same lure at a depth of about 20cm in a murky water.



The sizes being equal, trevally would be more aggressive than barramundi.
I like these fish, but I prefer barramundi as game fish in shallow water.

I changed the lure.
And I caught and released a small golden snapper on Squidgies Fish 80mm Drop Bear colour.


This is about how I spend my Saturday morning in Darwin.

Lure: Savage Gear 3D Minnow Twitch 80 Suspending

Size: 80mm

Colour: like Mullet

Where: Shallow water 20cm - 100cm deep

Water: Clear and Murky / Outgoing

Line: Surfix 832 30lb

Leader: Black Magic 40lb mono

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: Shimano Chronarch G 150HG

Rod: Redington Model CPX868C2 8'6" Medium Action 8-15lb 1/8-1/2oz

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Lure action: Twitch and roll

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: