26 Jul 2018

52cm Barramundi #1148
Barramundi #1149-1150

Sunday of July 22, there was a pretty big bush fire near my place.
I stopped and gazed at those fires.
I remembered that there was not a moment to waste.
If I didn't hurry, I would miss the productive fishing window at Myilly Point rocks.
The best tide shifts with the best fishing point every hour.
There were many rocks covered with oysters in the seawater at Myilly Point.
The seawater was very clear.

Firstly, I used a Rapala XR8 / Glass Ghost colour with upgraded hooks.
It may seem surprising that this small lure is very barramundi.
I used a lot of twitching in my lure action.
As a result, I caught and released a small barramundi.


Rapala XR8


Secondly, I used a Reidy's Lures Junior B52 / Kryptonite colour.
Reidy's Lures Junior B52 is a lure that any boat-angler who want to catch barramundi knows about.
The hooks were refitted to the light weight one from a heavy weight one for the shallow water.
I used a lot of twitching in my lure action again.
As a result, I caught and released a small barramundi.


Reidy's Lures Junior B52


I wished to go fishing at Mindil Beach, but I went to Vesteys Beach because the festival was taking place at Mindil Beach.

Finally, I waded in the knee deep water.
The seawater was murky.
I used a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm / Aussie Herring colour.
All I had to do was wind the fishing line on a reel steadily not to catch the rocks covered oysters with my lure in the shallow water.
The lure could be guided to swim to under the water surface.
As a result, I caught and released a 52cm barramundi.


Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm


I used a fishing reel having a very high gear ratio 8.2:1 this time.
The very high gear ratio improved the twitching action of the hard body lure during reeling.

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: