2 Sept 2013

Weekend fishing
Reefcod #2-#3
TT LURES SWITCHBLADE
Challeng a big Shovelnosed ray

Saturday afternoon

I didn't expect to catch a barramundi on our shallows and so went to family-type rocks at East Point.
I usually don't come this place.
There were 10 people there.
They tried to catch fish with squid bait.

I used a blade lure.
As a result, I caught two small reef cods.




September 1, 2013 Reefcod #2
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia




Another Reefcod #3




TT LURES SWITCHBRADE

Colour: SILVER MINNOW

Size: 1/4 oz.

Where: Shallow water 70cm - 100cm

Water: Very clear Outgoing

Line: FIRELINE 14LB

Leader line: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER NYLON 30LB

Knot: The Kaneit Knot

Reel: SHIMANO STELLA 2500FE

Rod: SHIMANO TCURVE FLIGHT 1-4kg/1-9g

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Steady retrieving

By the way,
I was frustrated recently because I didn't catch barramundis.
So I needed to challenge a big fish to a fight.

I have a card up my sleeve.
I know that I can catch a big fish comparably easier by land based in this season too.
It's a big shovel nosed ray.
The 1m - 1.2m sized one will be caught.

The above image is a sample.

I went fishing to the jetty of Darwin Stokes hill wharf around 7:30am on Sunday.
My fishing gears today as follows,





Reel: ABU 7000iHSN

Rod: Fenwick 196-6 5-8kg

Line: Fireline XDS 0.33mm

Leader line: JINKAI 60lb

I used beef steak as bait.
A big shovel nosed ray took it on the bottom around a jetty pylon.
I fought this big fish for 15 minutes but the 60lb leader line broke.

It is thought that these big 1m - 1.2m shovel nosed rays still swim on our shallows in this season too.
They take any baits.
I think that I can't stop their running away after hooking with my spinning tackles on our shallows.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.