2 May 2012

Corroboree Billabong
Saratoga and Barramundi
Mr. Roger Sinclair
Mr. Marty Krantz
Mr. Dave Krantz

Mr. Dave Krantz is a very important person to me.
He is supporting my column of NT News.

 Dave took Mr. Roger Sinclair and Mr. Marty Krantz to Corroboree Billabong on April 28, 2012.
I heard that there were 40 - 60 boats on the water there. 
I asked him to send me the details of their fishing-session.
And then, I received e-mail from Dave.


Hello Hiro

Here are a few pics from Corroboree on Saturday.
Roger Sinclair caught 9 barra including the biggest.
I got 3 and Marty got 2.
Marty also got a nice one but I could only manage smaller models!
We used bog frog kicker frogs (see pictures) and also squidgy fish in poddy mullet colour. 
Roger used Z-man tails mostly.
After I get the rollers fixed on my boat trailer I will take you out there.

My gear (Dave)

 Rod: Nitro traveller spin 2-4kg

Reel: Shimano sustain 1000

Line: 10lb fireline

Leader: 30lb black magic fluorocarbon

Knot: modified j knot

I also used a Shimano Starlo stix spin rod with Shimano stradic 2500.


Marty's gear

Rod: Shimano raider estuary spin 3-6kg

Reel: Shimano symetre 2500

Line: 14lb fireline

Leader: 30lb black magic fluorocarbon

Knot: modified j knot


Best lure was a bog frog kicker frog in root beer colour.
Also used squidgy fish poddy mullet.
Rigged weedless on a 3/0 owner worm hook.
No weight for the frog and a small sinker on the line for the squidgy.


Not so sure about Rogers exact gear.
He used a curado with raider baitcaster rig a bit and also some sort of light spin setup.
His gun lure for the day was a z-man paddletail in space buggy colour.
He rigged them weedless on a gamakatsu worm hook.
Roger is a very good angler who spends a lot of time fishing for barra.
He knows the harbour very well.
Also a top fly angler,
Winner of the 2011 NT freshwater flyfishing open.
He might have won another one going back a bit too i think.
He has been involved with Darwin flyfishing for a long time and has been involved with organising it too I think at one time.
Works for Alex Julius booking fishos into the arnhemland barramundi lodge.


Sent from my iPad


☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Dave.






Mr. Roger Sinclair caught a nice fresh water Barramundi.
Roger caught 9 barra including the biggest.






Roger caught a nice Saratoga.
He used Z-man tails mostly.






Mr. Marty Krantz helped Roger to net his nice fresh water Barramundi.






I'm a big fan of Barramundi-angler Marty.
Oh!  Marty used BogaGrip! v(*'-^*)-☆






Mr. Dave Krantz caught a nice fresh water Barramundi.






Best lure was a bog frog kicker frog in root beer colour.
Rigged weedless on a 3/0 owner worm hook.
No weight for the frog.






Nice picture!
Barramundi's behavior at that moment.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.