25 Apr 2018

Barramundi #1127-1129
Zerek Live Shad 90mm
Dry season has just started.

Anzac day.
It was a pleasant morning.
Wet season has gone. 
Dry season has just started. 
I went fishing at East Point in the early morning.
The tide water was coming into the shallow.
The sea water was very clear.
Five or six people had already been there.
Some of them were fishing on live baits.
I saw one of them caught a nice sized barramundi. 
I caught and released a flathead on a hard body lure.
But I couldn't catch any barramundi.
The lure motions were discerned by barramundi. 

And I went straight to Mindil Beach. 
I saw some people fishing at my usual fishing point in the clear-water side. 
So I had to fish at the murky-water side. 
I waded through the shallow water to a knee deep point with great attention to crocodiles, stingrays and stonefish.

It would be very effective for matching the lure colour with the water colour in a shallow water.
By this, the lure motion hard to be not discerned by the fish.
The land based barramundi fishing differs the boat based barramundi fishing in many ways.
As a result, I caught and released 3 barramundi this morning.
To tell the truth, I am unsatisfied with the size of average barramundi around Mindil Beach.
Mindil Beach is located near the urban district very much.
We have no choice.



Barramundi #1127


Barramundi #1128


Barramundi #1129


Zerek Flat Shad

Size: 90mm

Colour: Similar to the murky water

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Murky Incoming

Line: Fins 30lb

Leader Triumph Super Shock Leader Fluorocarbon 40lb

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: Shimano Chronarch G 150HG

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion)

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #3

Action: Steady retrieve



Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: