16 Apr 2018

Barramundi #1125 by Hiro
59cm Barramundi by Mr. Matt Cook
Zerek Live Cherabin

The boiling of mullets is not often seen nowadays in my usual fishing locations.
After 2010, I haven't seen any large boiling of mullets.
Therefore, the number of chances to use a topwater-lure has decreased.

On both days of April 14 Saturday, April 15 Sunday, tides were very good for the land based barramundi fishing and I went fishing at Channel Island and East Point.
There were many jelly-prawns about 1 cm in body length and mullets about 13 cm in body length in the shallow waters.
I saw a big barramundi about 1 m in body length was swimming along near the mangrove roots.
I cast various kinds of lures at Channel Island and East Point on Saturday.
But barramundi wouldn't take my lures at all.
I went fishing at Channel Island on Sunday again.
Then my good fishing friend, Mr. Matt Cook (Cookie) came, so he caught Fingermark, 2 barramundi and Grunter.
I couldn't catch any barramundi at Channel Island like today just like I did yesterday.
It seemed that they were not that hungry.
Cookie just used Zerek Live Cherabin 100mm / green colour.
His method was a simple retrieve without the lure hopping up and down.
As a result, he caught a 59cm barramundi.




The tide was stopping.
Then I went straight to East Point.
I followed Cookie's method at East Point when the tide was water coming into the channel.
As a result, I caught and released a 45cm barramundi on the same lure as Cookie.




We have large outbreaks of jelly-prawns many times in a year in NT.
Barramundi and mangrove-jack are moving about in search of large outbreaks of jelly-prawns now.
There are inequalities in level of the fishing results even within a harbour with that.

By the way, I was bitten by bush flies when I was fishing at Channel Island.
They eject something which affect you like swollen, hardness and redness.
I have painful and itchy feeling for several days.


Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.

No comments: