12 Jan 2017

This year's first barramundi #1048 for me
Squidgy Pro Mongrel

Wave after wave surges upon the shore in the rainy season.
I can fish only when wind and wave are modest and their effects are small.
In the first place, it's very difficult to fish by land based on a rainy day in my usual fishing locations.
Such being the case, I could go fishing to Mindil Beach after work on January 10 at last.
I got soaked to the skin while I waded in a very wavy and murky water.
Overhead the moon was shining behind the clouds.
It's the situation to which capturing target barramundi were less likely to be cautious about.
However, barramundi probably wouldn't notice my lures in the very wavy water.
I hoped not to step on stingray or stonefish while wading in the murky water.

I needed a long fishing rod capable of being far cast.
For this purpose, I used a Shimano Terez 7'2".
This white fishing rod was much easier to use than I had expected.
In addition, there were no line troubles at all.
As a lure, I used a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Rainbow-Fish colour with favorable usability.
As a result, I caught a small barramundi.
It's this year's first barramundi for me.






January 10, 2017 Barramundi




Squidgy Pro Mongrel


Colour: Rainbow Fish

Size: 90mm

Jighead: Owner 1/4oz #1/0

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Murky-milky Incoming

Line: Sufix 15LB braid

Leader line: Black Magic Leader 40lb

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: Shimano Stella 2500FE

Rod: Shimano Terez C4S 7'2" 10-20lb line weight Medium-power Fast-action

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #3

Action: Steady retrieving



Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.