22 Jan 2017

Bigger lures catch bigger barramundi?

The answer is yes!
If you want to catch a big barramundi, you have to use a big lure.
Even if you had the good fortune to hook a big barramundi on a small lure, you wouldn't be able to land the big barramundi in all probability.
Of course, a small lure can catch a big barramundi.
But it is sheer luck.
I know from my experience and my friends' experiences that a big barramundi prefers to take big lures.
That indicates the results so far. 
I seldom use big lures in my usual fishing locations.
I have caught 1048 barramundi so far.
However, I have caught only 3 of over 80cm barramundi in my usual fishing locations so far.
In the case of my good fishing friend, Mr. Stephen Lew, he has caught an over 80cm barramundi every 6 barramundi in my usual fishing locations.
What's different about my fishing and his fishing.
The difference is only in the lure's size.
However, as a matter of course, his fishing asks a lot of patience and skill.

If I have used a Squidgies Fish 70mm as my main lure in my usual fishing locations after a large-rainfall-wet season, I would catch 200 - 365 barramundis in one year.
Those barramundis would be 30cm - 70cm in size.
The average would be 40cm - 50cm in size.




Squidgies Fish 70mm / Black Gold

If I have used a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm as my main lure in my usual fishing locations after a large-rainfall-wet season, I would catch 70 -140 barramundis in one year.
Those barramundis would be 45cm - 80cm in size.
The average would be 50cm - 65cm in size.




Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm / Rainbow Fish

By the way, I caught a 102cm barramundi on a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm / Drop Bear.
Helifish took me to a barramundi heaven.




Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm / Drop Bear




102cm barramundi on a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm / Drop Bear

0408 872 212 Helifish Mark
info@helifish.com.au
Darwin based Heli Fishing Tours, Adventures and Charter | helifish.com.au 

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.