7 Feb 2016

My 1000th barramundi #1000
Reidy's Junior B52
February 6, 2016

February 6, 2016 Saturday
The weather stayed rainy a week.
At last the rain stopped this morning.
In my experience, the best time for catching some good-size saltwater barramundi from the shore in the rainy season is when we have had no rainy for 24 hours.
That sea condition was far from good.
Today's tides were not bad for my fishing location around Channel Island.
I left home before 7:00am.
I had my 150cc scooter filled up at the service station at the corner near my place.
All of a sudden, my scooter pulled up with a very noisy engine when I was heading to Berrimah.
The driving force of an engine was not transmitted to a travel device.
I stopped at the side of the road.
I had no choice but to wait for a while until the scooter shop opened.
My very good friend, Mr. Callum Gumball came and help me with his truck.



Originally he equipped the special rod-holders in my scooter but he quit the scooter shop last year and he has his own workshop now.  They are still very thick together.




We carried my 150cc scooter to the scooter shop.
I have one more scooter which is a 50cc Yamaha Jog.
I have been using my 50cc scooter since 2006.
It ran more than 60,000km.
It was dropped into the salt water pond by high school kids by intention once.
I'm still satisfied with the basic performance of engine because the engine has been well-maintained by Callum for many years.
But rust eats into iron of the exhaust pipe and muffler.
In addition, the odometer is melted by the heat of the direct sunlight.




Callum will replace exhaust pipe and odometer at Callum's workshop next week for me.

By the way, Mr. Ross Abraham worried about me to come to see me when I was on the road.




Thank you for your kindness and help, Callum and Ross!

I couldn't go fishing to Channel Island at the outgoing tide this morning but I could go to East Point to fish at the incoming tide later.




13:30pm February 6, 2016
Land based in Darwin




There was much fresh water in the sea.
So I didn't expect a good sized barramundi.
The sea surface was wavy.
If it were usual, I normally use a Maria MJ-1 S110 in the shallow waters.
MJ-1 will jump out of the sea surface under the condition like this.
After all, I used a Reidy's Junior B52  100mm Kryptnite-colour.




Reidy's Lures Junior B52


Colour: Kryptnite

Size: 100mm

Where: Shallow water 50cm - 70cm

Water: Murky Incoming

Line: Fins 30LB Braid

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 40LB Fluorocarbon

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: SHIMANO SCORPION 1500XT

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion).

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Twitching






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.