23 Feb 2016

エイに刺された。
I was stung by a stingray.

エイに刺された。
February 23, 2016 Monday
High tide: 18:50pm--7.33m
I went to Mindil Beach to fish.
A 7.33m high tide was good enough to carry some fish into a small creek.
However, it's full moon tonight.
A barramundi becomes very cautious under the bright moonlight at the full moon.
Normally, I don't fish under the bright moonlight.
The full moon appeared around 8:00pm at Mindil Beach.

The productive fishing window opened until the full moon appeared at Mindil Beach tonight.
But I didn't catch any fish until then.
I thought that it might be the last chance to catch a $10,000 fish.
So I waded through the shallow water.
I didn't see any marine animals near my feet.
Suddenly, I almost fell down due to sever pain.
I probably stepped on a stingray.
I could shake off the stingray from my right foot under the water.
That's why I didn't see the shape of the stingray itself.
However, I was convinced that I was stung by a stingray because of its strong shock.




The sever pain came at 2-second intervals.
I drove my 150cc scooter to ER of Royal Darwin Hospital.
My right foot was soaked in a very warm water.




The warm water could relieve the sever pain for a few minutes.
Becoming less warm, the sever pain returned again.



I took some painkillers.




The doctor tried to pull out thorns stuck in the wound using tweezers because stinger might break off in the wound.
I had an injection in my left buttock.
After all, the pain abated around 0:00am.
I was saved from the sever pain thanks to proper treatment by doctor and nurses of ER in Royal Darwin Hospital.
Thank you very much.

There are many sting rays in the water at Mindil Beach.
I rarely caught stonefish on my lures too.
Normally I scared them.


NTNews February 24, 2016





ABC news February 23, 2016
Joanna Crothers ABC


Picture:Nadia Daly

A veteran fisherman in search of a prize barramundi has been stung by a stingray - but still managed to ride his moped to hospital.
The late night fishing trip under a full moon ended badly for one of Darwin's best-known anglers, Hiroaki Nakamura.
Mr Nakamura, who is highly regarded in Top End fishing circles and who writes a fishing column in a local newspaper, went fishing in a creek near a city beach last night but ended up in hospital for treatment for a stingray barb.
Mr Nakamura said the lure of winning $10,000 as part of a Government tourism promotion led him to Mindil Beach, near the CBD.
"Normally I don't expect to catch a barramundi at full moon in my usual fishing locations but I thought that it might be the last chance for me to catch a $10,000 fish," he said.
The government's Million Dollar Fish promotion finishes next Monday and there has been a rush of last-minute entries.
"The 7.33-metre high tide was good, I waded through the shallow water, I was attacked by a stingray," Mr Nakamura said.
The keen angler said he felt severe pain in his right foot but was still able to ride his motorised scooter to Royal Darwin Hospital's emergency room.
"The doctor tried to pull out thorns stuck in the wound using tweezers because stinger might break off in the wound," he said.
Mr Nakamura, recently caught his 1,000th barramundi, without the aid of a boat.
He travels around Darwin's foreshore on his scooter, fishing the creeks and inlets on the incoming tide.
After spending four hours in hospital last night, Mr Nakamura has not said if he will be out searching for barramundi fishing again before the February 29 competition deadline.



ABC news crews






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.