14 Feb 2015

Jelly prawn frustration
Barramundi #932
SQUIDGY PRO MONGREL
Buffalo Creek

It had not rained for a day.
In my experience, the best time for catching many good-size saltwater barramundi from the shore in the rainy season is when we have had no rain for 24 hours.
So I went to Buffalo Creek to try to catch a fish.
It took 40 minutes from my place on my eight-year-old 50cc scooter.
I waited for the tide to come in.
There were many schools of jelly prawns there.

It has not rained since yesterday.
In my experience, the best time for catching many good-size saltwater barramundi from the shore in the rainy season is when we have had no rainy for 24 hours.
So I went to Buffalo Creek this morning.
It took 40 minutes from my place by my 8 years old 50 cc scooter.
I waited for the tide to come in.
There were many schools of jelly prawns there.




Jelly prawns showering out of the water as they are hunted by hungry predators at Buffalo Creek.

Probably small shrimps, with a length of about 3-4mm, which were hopping out of the water.
When fish are feeding on very small bait like this it is hard to catch them.
I used some hard body lures and soft plastic lures to fish.
But the fish were not ­interested.
The tide came slowly in.
I had some hits on my lure. but the fish were short-striking so I loosened the drag pressure as much as possible.
As a result, I caught a nice saltwater barramundi using a Squidgy Pro Mongrel and a steady retrieve.

Probably small shrimps, with a length of about 3-4mm, which were hopping out of the water.
When fish are feeding on very small bait like this it is hard to catch them.
I used some hard body lures and soft plastic lures to fish.
Nothing could fish them.
The tide came slowly.
I had a very short striking on my lure and so loosened the drag pressure as much as possible.

As a result,




February 14, 2015 Barramundi
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia




SQUIDGY PRO MONGREL

Colour: AUSSIE HERRING

Size: 90mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm -50cm

Water: Murky Incoming

Line: Sufix 832 15LB Braid

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 30LB (Very nice for the shallows)

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: SHIMANO STELLA 2500FE

Rod: Wilson LIVE FIBRE Sport fishing SERIES BLADE 'N' TAILS

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Steady retrieving


 



Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.