5 Aug 2014

Whiting should be the best fish for eating in sashimi style in Darwin waters.

Picnic day is a public holiday in the Northern Territory of Australia which takes place every year on the first Monday of August.

I have read many articles on "Gorgeous dishes" for the work since this morning and suddenly got a craving to eat some very nice sashimi.

I thought that I had to catch some very fresh whiting for eating in sashimi style.

So I went to Fishing & Outdoor World.
Mr. George Voukolos Jr taught me how to catch whiting there.
I needed some small hooks, ball sinkers, portable bait jar, live fish bag and frozen prawn.
George recommended a simple rig with a running sinker to me.

I waded through the shallow water.




Bogagrip (USA) is essential for my fishing life.
I had to go for the jugular with Bogagrip when I would be bitten by a friendly saltwater crocodile.  v(*'-^*)-☆
Shimano Sustain 1000FG reel and ST.CROIX fishing rod were for catching whiting today.




Shimano Stella 2500FE reel and Shimano Tcurve fishing rod were for catching barramundi as backup weapon.

I caught many bream against my will.
I didn't want to eat them because they were not tasty in sashimi style.




Noisy fish!




Noisy Trevally!




Finally, I caught a very nice whiting two hours before the lowest tide.




I caught four whiting there.




Whiting should be the best fish for eating sashimi in Darwin waters.


Frozen prawn bait

Where: Shallow water 30cm -50cm

Water: Very clear Outgoing

Line: SUFIX 10LB

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 8LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Rig: A running sinker

Action: Slow retrieve






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.