20 Jun 2018

52cm Barramundi #1146
Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm
8'6" Long fishing rod for baitcast reel

Continuing from last week, I have been using a 8'6" very long fishing rod for my bait-cast reel.

Saturday of June 16

It's very windy.
I went fishing to Channel Island.
I was thinking that I needed a cowling for my 150cc scooter which could effectively suppress an air cutting sound while driving.
I stayed and fished at Channel Island for 2 hours.
As might be expected, the fishing results were very poor.
And I hesitated about which fishing location to go with, Mindil Beach or East Point.
Finally, I moved to look for good-tide timing to Mindil Beach.
I thought that my decision was correct when I arrived at Mindil beach.
The wind in the upper sky was strong.
But the sea-surface wasn't wavy.
It's a typical situation in our dry season.

I waded through a knee deep water to a good place for casting lures.
The seawater was murky.
Be careful when entering our waters!
I had to watch my step, or else I would trip on the rocks or step on the stingrays.
A 8'6" long fishing rod was a handy to take on this situation.
The progress in technologies of fishing reels, fishing lines and lures also has given my land based barramundi fishing an amazing casting-distance of lures.
As a result, I caught and released a 52cm barramundi on Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Aussie Herring colour.
The size of barramundi is a lottery in my usual fishing locations.

It is much less muggy in June than it was our wet season.
In addition, I'm not concerned about a lightning strike while fishing.
I love our dry season.




Lure: Squidgy Pro Mongrel

Size: 90mm

Colour: Aussie Herring

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm deep

Water: Murky / Incoming

Line: Surfix 832 30lb

Leader: Black Magic 40lb mono

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: Shimano Chronarch G 150HG

Rod: Redington Model CPX868C2 8'6" Medium Action 8-15lb 1/8-1/2oz

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Lure action: Steady retrieve

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: