26 Jan 2015

Strike comes up short
How to catch a short striking barramundi?
Barramundi #926-929
SQUIDGIES FISH



THE sea was very wavy in my fishing locations.

Muddy waves of water were beating the shores.
I could only go to an urban creek to fish.
I didn’t expect a nice sized fish today.
So I took an ultra light fishing tackle there.




This ultra light spinning rod was given by my very good friend, Chonga.
Rod: ST.CROIX AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action




Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 1000FG
It’s a very tough 1000 sized spinning reel with a very smooth winding.

I was casting out and retrieving the soft plastic shad bait.
I used a Squidgy Fish in Drop Bear colour with a stop and go action.


Fish tended to bite the tail of the lure and miss the hook.
Short striking fish were in the water.
First, I couldn’t hook them up.
That was when I loosened a lot of drag pressure.
This allowed the fish to hang on to the lure when it struck the tail, so I could hook the short-striking fish.
After all, I caught and released four very small barramundi at the urban creek location.




Barramundi #926




Barramundi #927




Barramundi #928




Barramundi #929


SQUIDGIES FISH


Colour: DROP BEAR

Size: 80mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm -70cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Line: Sufix 832 10LB Braid

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 30LB (Very nice for the shallows)

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Hook: OWNER 1/6oz. #1/0 Jighead

Reel: SHIMANO SUSTAIN 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Stop and go








Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.