10 Jun 2013

57cm Saratoga on fly
Corroboree billabong
Mr. Liam Hatcher

I'm taking a short break from my fishing activities now.
And I'm waiting for an operation for my legs.
Treatment of varicose veins and other problems with veins
It's not serious at all.
I'm 52 years old now.
It can not be helped.

By the way,
I received an e-mail from an able young angler last night.
Actually, I know him very well.

g'day hiro,

this afternoon dad and i went out to corroboree billabong for a fish. we fished the whole afternoon with success right at the end. at first we worked a patch of lillies with a weedless black and orange thing and had a take of a saratoga and lost him not long after the take. fishing wasn't as successful as it seemed so we moved to another spot. again with no luck there but there was a lot of tarpon rolling around just out the front of a patch of lillies and i changed my fly to a small crazy charlie. with the amount of tarpon there, only one took my fly but got off soon after. we decided to go back to the same spot where we tried first but this time i put on a 2/0 orange and black surface popper. the popper (that i made myself) had two strands of 45lb schneider line as weed guards on the hook but the fly still worked really well. i worked the popper through the lillies with a short sharp strip and a small pause in between to let the popper rise up back to the surface. several casts were made before a spectacular ariel take from a beautiful saratoga. i struck as hard as i could and pulled it away from the weeds. not the longest fight that i've had but it was good seeing that toga come up through the water and dad there with the net. a few photos were taking and the toga measured 57cm in length, a very nice toga in my book. not long after that dad hooked and landed a very nice 61cm toga. as soon as that was released i cast my fly into a nice patch of weeds and one pop of the popper and another toga of 41cm was landed. attached is my 57cm toga!

cheers liam

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Liam.




June 9, 2013
57cm Saratoga was caught on fly by Mr. Liam hatcher.
Corroboree billabong, NT, Australia

It has been a while since I last seen him, but.........
How you have grown.....?
It's very quick!
Liam has already become a very, very experienced and skilled angler. v(*'-^*)-☆






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.