9 May 2016

50cm Barramundi #1014
Squidgy Pro Mongrel
How do you choose the lure colour in a barramundi fishing?

Saturday, May 7, 2016

How do you choose the lure-colours in a barramundi fishing?
For most situations, I have my own rules.
  • Match the lure colour with the water 
  • Match the lure colour with the structures in the water
  • Match the lure colour with the bottom of the sea
  • Match the lure colour with the bait
  • Try the gold or silver in colour
  • Try the chartreuse yellowish green in colour
  • Try the white in colour

By looking at the sea-water condition of the fishing location, I'll give these above works priority.
It's a rotational system operation.
That's reason why I'm a frequent lure-changer.
I know from experience that this method pays in the long run.
Everyone has his own method though.

I went to Channel Island to fish in the morning.
The sea water was clear-murky and greenish in colour.
I chose a Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Aussie Herring.




The sea surface was calmly rippled.
Therefore, I winded the fishing reel at a constantly slow speed without any fishing-rod actions.

As a result, I caught a 50cm barramundi.






May 7, 2016 50cm barramundi #1014
Land based in Darwin


Squidgy Pro Mongrel


Colour: Aussie Herring

Size: 90mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Clear - Murky Outgoing

Line: Fins 30LB Braid

Leader: Schneider 45LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Jighead: Berkley Owner Nitro 1/4oz #1/0

Reel: Shimano Scorpion 1500XT

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion)

Clip: Force Ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Action: Steady retrieve






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.