19 Jan 2014

Monsoon Barra
Darwin Barra By Foot
Mr. Keith Watson

Of course I know that monsoon showers benefits upon us.
We'll have a very nice 'Run off' and a 'Dry season' for our barramundi fishing.
But owing to the torrential rain, all the fishing fields around my place were too rough to fish.
I was hell-bent on going in spite of the heavy rain, but I sometimes had to give up in these days.
I made up my mind about something and then went fishing to East Point at the incoming tide on Saturday and Sunday.
I got wet to the skin despite wearing a rain-wear.
After all, I couldn't catch any fishes.

And so...
I asked Keith (Darwin Barra By Foot) whether I could use his picture that he caught a 55cm barramundi at an urban lake yesterday for my blog and fishing column.
He readily consented.
In addition, he gave me the following comment.

Hiro, with all the rain I took the opportunity on Saturday to have a look.
Well there had been a abundance water fall around the suburbs and it just kept falling Saturday.
The ponds that we have around a few of the housing estates are stocked with barra and fish best in monsoonal conditions.
I got this 55cm beauty during a heavy down pore around lunchtime Saturday.
I hope we still get a bit more of this rain as the 2014 season is shaping up to be a good one. Keith DBF...

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!!
Thank you very much for your kindness, Keith.




55cm nice monsoon barramundi was caught by Mr. Keith Watson (Darwin Barra By Foot)
January 18, 2014
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia

Keith's fishing gears

Lure: ?

Rod: Samaki Zing 4-8lb

Reel: Shimano Stradic Ci4 3000 size spinning reel

Main line: 10lb Suffix 832 braid

Leader line: 30lb Asari fluorocarbon leader

Knot: Improved Albright knot


In this connection I may add that Dave sometimes gives me a very nice information of a proper place at a proper time for properly fishing.  I was always surprised at the results.  He and Mr. Glenn Hubble popularly known as Harbour Master caught some nice fishes under any seasons. They can catch some nice fishes even in the very tough season, September.  They know where to fish. 
I received an attractive information from Dave tonight.
(Mr. Dave Krantz edits my fishing column of Tuesday's NT News.)






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.