13 Jan 2014

Big Queenfish on the very light fishing gear
KO Tackle Tailbaitz
Mr. Dave Krantz



I hoped to use the pictures for my blog.
He readily complied with my request.

I knew that he was very busy today.
In addition, he had to edit my fishing column of Tuesday's paper because my English was not enough.
He's an able editor of NT News and my very good friend.
And he's a very experienced and skilled angler.

Thank you very much for your sending me a fishing story tonight despite your busyness.
I received an e-mail from Mr. Dave Krantz as follows,

I was fishing with gun angler Stewie Martin and also my son Marty last weekend, and we were heading across to Shoal Bay near Darwin to target some barra on the run in tide.

As we travelled across the flats in Shoal Bay towards the spot we wanted to fish we saw some birds working over a surface disturbance. Naturally, we pulled up to have a look!

We weren’t really looking for pelagics so we grabbed our already rigged barra gear. I picked up my light St Croix/Stradic Ci4 2500 spin combo.

I cast a Tailbaitz towards the general area of the bust up. It wasn’t the best cast but it was obviously good enough as when I started my retrieve the lure was immediately crunched by a good fish.

It took off, jumping repeatedly as it powered away. Great fun on the light gear.

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Dave.

Lure: KO Tackle Tailbaitz
Reel: SHIMANO STRADIC Ci4 2500
Rod: ST. CROIX




Near meter (or meter over?) Queenfish was caught by Mr. Dave Krantz.
January 12, 2014
Shoal Bay, Darwin, NT, Australia
Pic by Mr. Stewie Martin (My favorite fishing columnist)



Pic by Mr. Stewie Martin

Queenfish rages as if insane.
Basically, it's very hard to control a restive Queenfish.
Therefore, it would seem to be unimaginably difficult to overcome the physical demands in the fighting with such a big Queenfish on the very light fishing gear.

KO Tackle Tailbaitz 4.5" Weedless






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.