18 Jul 2016

Barramundi #1025
Squidgy Pro Mongrel
It is not too much to say that the land based sea-barramundi fishing depends on the wind conditions.
Mr. Darren Forsythe

My land based barramundi fishing wasn't blessed by the wind condition recently.
There were a lot windy days lately.
My very good fishing friend, Mr. Darren Forsythe caught a small barramundi on a Squidgies Slick Rig / 65mm Drop Bear at Channel island on the other day.



The wind shifted and blew harder immediately after he caught the barramundi.
The strong wind came from the rear.
I could cast lures far away but the bait fish also went away from shore.
Rightly, we couldn't catch any fish after that.

It is not too much to say that the land based sea-barramundi fishing depends on the wind conditions.

It was blowing hard while I was fishing over the weekend.
I went to Myilly Point to fish but I didn't catch any fish there.
I hit upon an interesting idea then.
I thought that there were a few barramundi left behind in a saltwater-pond after the previous big tide.
So I went to a saltwater-pond after dark.
I caught and released a small barra on a Squidgy Pro Mongrel / 90mm Aussie Herring at the second cast.
I was sure he was very hungry.




Normally, nice sized barramundi are not left behind in a saltwater-pond.

By the way, a year ago July 11, a 103cm barramundi was caught by Mr. Mitsu Satto at East Point.




This result was unmistakeable signs that we can catch a nice sized barramundi even in the dry season.


Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ





Thank you very much.