15 Aug 2018

Queenfish #30
Rockcod #342
Barramundi #1155-1156

I usually specialize in fishing barramundi on lure by land based on shore.
I didn't fish as usual at Channel Island on last Saturday.
Using a new fishing reel having a digital control braking system, I wanted to try to fish other than barramundi.
On the other hand, this was a good opportunity to get to know about the usability of my new fishing reel.
After careful thought, I chose to use Berkley Gulp Minnow 95mm/chartreuse colour because it's windy and the sea water was dirty.
Normally, I use a steady retrieve when presenting soft plastics for catching barramundi.
I used a steady triple hops/ a single pause retrieve for using Berkley Gulp Minnow 95mm/chartreuse this time.
As a result, I caught and released a nice sized queenfish and estuarycod (rockcod).
I was very much delighted with the results.



Queen fish #30


Estuary cod (Rock cod) #342


Berkley Gulp Minnow 95mm/chartreuse color

I moved from Channel Island to East Point in search of the next productive fishing window.
It's windy and the sea water was dirty again.
I used Yo-zuri Super Shallow SS Minnow 70mm/chartreuse colour.
This lure has a very attractive wobbling action to barramundi.
As a result, I caught and released two barramundi.


Barramundi #1155


Barramundi #1156


Quite unfortunately, Yo-zuri SS Minnow became discontinued in Australia.
The combination of fast wobbling action and chartreuse colour is ideally perfect state for catching barramundi on lure by land based in shallow clear/dirty water.

Lure: Berkley Gulp Minnow

Size: 95mm

Colour: Chartreuse

Jighead: Owner 1/6oz #1/0

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm deep

Water: Dirty / Outgoing & Incoming

Line: Surfix 832 30lb

Leader: Schneider 30lb

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: Shimano Curado 150 DC 6.2:1 Gear ratio

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion).

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Lure action: Steady triple hops/a single pause retreive

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: