22 Aug 2018

Barramundi #1158-1159
Zerek Live Cherabin 100mm
Rapala XR-8

A few times a year, a lot of small jelly prawns appear.
I sometimes saw the response of small jelly prawns to water temperature.
It is often seen on the occasion of the water temperature rise.
That is not an exception this middle of August too.
Barramundi are moving about in search of a lot of small jelly prawns now.
As a result, I don't see barramundi in my usual fishing locations very often recently.
While such situation will likely continue for the time being.
That varies from year to year, but this situation may be lasting through the September and even continuing into the October.
Of course, you will be able to enjoy barramundi fishing in some places in this season.
It depends on where a lot of small jelly prawns appeared.

There is got to be more fishing than barramundi around Darwin in this season.
I'm sure you guys will be able to enjoy the nice-sized mackerel fishing off the coast in this season.

Sure enough, it is difficult to find barramundi in my usual fishing locations now, but not entirely.
I went fishing at Channel Island on Saturday and at Mindil Beach on Sunday.
I somehow caught and released a barramundi on Zerek Live Cherabin 100mm at Channel Island.



It's a very windy day on Sunday.
I caught and released a barramundi on Rapala XR-8 Glass Ghost colour at Mindil Beach.
I think Rapala XR-8 Glass Ghost colour useful for beginners.
I upgraded those hooks and replaced to the heavy duty treble hooks.



In addition, I caught and released 5 trevally and 2 estuary cod on this lure.

Lure: Rapala XR-8

Size: 80mm

Colour: Glass Ghost

Hook: Shinto Heavy Duty Treble #8

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm deep

Water: Outgoing

Line: Surfix 832 30lb

Leader: Schneider 30lb

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: Shimano Curado 150 DC 6.2:1 Gear ratio

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion).

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Lure action: Steady triple twitches/a single pause retreive

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: