16 Mar 2016

Large loop knot is the most effective method for connecting a leader line to a soft plastic lure in barramundi fishing.
Mr. Darren Forsythe

March 13, 2016 Sunday

My very good fishing friend, Darren Forsythe, and I fished at our usual fishing location near the Channel Island.
The tide was going out.

We know about the regional characteristics of our usual fishing locations very well.
We gave up using hard body lures in a moment with today's condition of the sea.

I hooked a barramundi on Squidgies Fish but couldn't land that fish.
Apart from that, I didn't have any fish bites.

By contrast, Darren caught three barramundi on soft plastic lures.

Normally I used a snap-clip to my lures, but I sometimes tried using a loop-knot to my lures without a snap-clip also.
I tried doing it the same way he does, but it didn't go well.

I could get a very interesting technique out of Darren on our way back to our car and scooter at last.
I really saw the light.
Wisdom is sometimes better than riches.
I'm a "not rich fisherman".
I must think hard how to fish.
Thanks, Darren Forsythe!

Darren uses a loop-knot to his lures with a 45lb leader line, but the loop-knot requires a large loop.




He uses a 45lb hard leader line of a Schneider.
This hardness of the leader line is an important key to make a large loop-knot.
As a result, his lure moves like the small fish or prawn, and thus attracts the interest of the fishes which are the objects of the fishing.




Darren caught a barramundi on a Squidgy Prawn.




Darren caught a barramundi on a green soft plastic.




I used a 20lb leader line to a Squidgies Fish with a very small loop-knot.




Or I used a 20lb leader line to a Squidgies Fish with a snap-clip.

I thought that Darren's large loop-knot more effective for connecting a leader line to a lure than mine in fishing in our usual fishing locations.




By the way, I caught a barramundi on a Bomber Long 14A at Mindil Beach on March 10.




I used a 20lb leader line to a Bomber Long 14A with a snap-clip.

I usually use a snap-clip to my lures because I'm a quick lure-changer.
It's a still effective method for connecting a leader line to a hard-body lure.

Using a loop-knot with a largely beautiful loop to a soft plastic lure, it should be the most effective method for catching a barramundi.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.