24 Mar 2016

Barramundi fishing by boat with Mr. Peter Politis

I was invited to Channel Point by Mr, Jack Priore.
And I stayed at the holiday house of Mr. Peter Politis for four days in Channel Point.
They are next door neighbors.
The dinners that Mr. Jack Priore made were very delicious every night.
I went fishing to many creeks and rocks in the mouth of the Daly river with Mr. Peter Politis by his very nice Stabicraft boat every day.
We caught some nice queenfish, mangrovejack, trevally and many barramundi.
I leaned a lot of different things there.
Usually, I use lures with the original hooks and split rings by land based in my fishing locations.
But some hooks and split rings of mine were knocked out by barramundi in Peter's usual fishing locations.
Peter taught me how to fish around very difficult rocks on lures.




The form of raising a fishing rod held to the top, and holding it up high to the front.
He used a Yozuri Crystal minnow for that difficult situation because this lure had a very nice wobbling action.
He didn't use any twitching lure actions in that situation.
He just reeled the line slowly.
His lure was swimming just beneath the surface of the water.




As a result, he caught many barramundi there.
I copied his fishing technique and caught many barramundi too.




Yozuri Crystal minnow

On the other hand, I lost a really big barramundi on a very nice hand made lure while trolling.
Mr. Bill Jackson made it for me.
That made a very attractive vibration to barramundi during trolling.
I used a 45lb leader line for the trolling against the advice of Mr. Peter Politis.
That barramundi rushed with tremendous force.
I couldn't cope with difficult situation.

These were rare, joyful discoveries for me.
Thank you very much for your invitation to your fishing locations, Mr. Jack Priore and Mr. Peter Politis.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.