31 Jan 2019

96cm Barramundi #1192
Rapala SXRM-10 Purple Back Herring

January 26, 2019.
Saturday's tide times
03:53am - 1.88m
09:32am - 6.71m
15:50pm - 1.73m
22:11pm - 7.34m

I thought that my usual fishing locations, Mindil Beach rocks, Fannie Bay rocks and Channel Island had too much dirty fresh water from the land due to rainfall.
Saltwater barramundi don't like the very dirty water from the land in shallows on shore.
It's a short spell of temperate weather during the rainy season.
The rain having stopped, I went fishing at East Point rocks.
This fishing location has a creek-styled water system.
My first impression of the water was dirty.
However, the water in some places was clean in the main current of a creek.
I expected that a purple-colour lure would be effective for the barramundi fishing in a very dirty water due to rainfall.
On the other hand, George Voukolos Jr who has caught 222 metery barramundi by land based recommended me to use Rapala SXRM-10 for the East Point rocks several days ago.
According to George, our good fishing friend,Mark West had some good results using the Rapala SXRM-10 at the East Point rocks.
As a result, the following lure was what I chose.


Rapala SXRM-10 / Purple back herring / Floating

The water current was very strong.
The actions of the lure were twitch, twitch and jerk.
Soon, I had a very strong and heavy fish-bite.
The fish was running and pulling the fishing line hard.
I somehow could land the fish on the rocks.



She was a 96cm saltwater barramundi.
I released her into the sea water because she was a mother fish.
I posted this article with the picture on Facebook on January 26.

The next day, I received a message from Joel Eaton.
Hey Hiro, I took your advice on the Rapala lure in purple and caught this 108cm Barramundi off the rocks in Cairns this morning.  Thanks for the good advice!


Joel used the same lure as I used for catching my 96cm barramundi.

Hiro's data

Lure: Rapala SXRM-10

Size: 100mm

Colour: Purple Back Herring

Where: Shallow water 50cm - 70cm deep

Water: Outgoing

Line: Surfix 832 30lb

Leader: Jinkai 40lb

Knot: The Albright Knot

Reel: Shimano Chronarch G 150HG 7.1:1 Gear ratio

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion).

Clip: Force Ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Lure action: Twitch, twitch and jerk

Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ




Thank you very much.

No comments: