13 Jul 2017

Barramundi #1072-1073
Squidgies Fish 80mm
Barramundi #1074
Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm
As is often the case with beginners

The soft plastics are more likely to cause a snag in the case of the beginner.
I have been asked by a reader as follows.
All I'd get is snagged on the rocks. Weedless be the go?
"That is true," I will respond.

Many skilled lure-fishermen might tell him to wind the soft plastics as slow as possible.

One of them was me though.

That's why he lost his soft plastics at Mindil beach.

Mindil beach in some places is a rugged coast.
There are thousands of rocks covered with oysters in water.
Technically, Mindil is the toughest fishing location.
My winding speed of fishing line should be faster than he expected at Mindil.
My video, "Land based barramundi fishing near town in Darwin Vol. 15", will give him some idea of my winding speed of the fishing line.
http://landbasedbarramundifishing.blogspot.com.au/

In addition, I used a very fast fishing reel with 8.2 : 1 gear ratio in my video.




I should respond that he doesn't need the weedless even at Mindil.
And I can tell him this following approach.
First, he should wind the fishing line fast at the first cast of the soft plastic.
Second, he should wind the fishing line while gradually lowering winding speed with lifting the tip side while holding the fishing rod.
Finally, he will know the slowest winding speed for the fishing location at Mindil.



1st barramundi




2nd barramundi




Squidgies Fish 80mm, Black Gold




3rd barramundi




Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm, Aussie Herring


Squidgies Fish

Size: 80mm

Colour: Black Gold

Where: Shallow water 50cm - 70cm

Water: Very clear, Outgoing

Line: Fins 30LB

Leader line: Sunline FC Rock Fluorocarbon 40LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty

Reel: Shimano Scorpion 70XG

Rod: ST. CROIX 6' MEDIUM POWER FAST ACTION 10-17LB 1/4-3/4oz USA

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Jighead: OWNER 1/6oz #1/0

Action: Steady retrieving


Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ





Thank you very much.