28 Sept 2016

71cm Barramundi #1032
Squidgy Pro Mongrel
FG Knot

Of course we knew that FG knot should be an ideal leader knot for fishing on lures.
But it took too long for me to tie it.
That's why I used the kaneit knot or the slim beauty knot depending on the fishing situation, my good fishing friend used the albright knot.

I went to Fishing & Outdoor World the other day.
My good friend, Ron Voukolos explained by demonstration how to tie the FG knot for me.
In addition, he recommended me watching the following YouTube Quickest Way to Tie the FG Knot (The Strongest Braid to Leader Fishing Knot) - YouTube .

The FG knot was infinitely easier than I thought it was.
I can tie it better for me at home than I can tie it at my usual fishing locations.

The tides on the day I went fishing were:
05:02am -- 3.36m
10:28am -- 5.46m
17:52pm -- 2.30m
00:20am -- 5.68m

There was a high possibility that barramundi won't take lures from 05:02am to 10:28am.
There was a once-in-a-day chance, I can only fish in the afternoon.
The muddy water was about to mix with the clear water in the shallow water at Channel Island.
I used a dark-colour Mongrel in accordance with the cloudy-skies situation.




September 24, 2016  




I caught a 71cm barramundi on Squidgy Pro Mongrel 90mm Boof Mullete.




Squidgy Pro Mongrel


Colour:  Boof Mullet

Size: 90mm.

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Clear-Muddy Outgoing

Line: Toray Jigging PE 30lb

Leader line: Schneider 45LB

Knot: The FG Knot

Jighead: Owner Nitro Jigheads 1/4oz #1/0

Reel: Shimano Scorpion 1500XT

Rod:ST. CROIX 6' MEDIUM POWER FAST ACTION 10-17LB 1/4-3/4oz USA

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Action: Steady retrieving



Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ





Thank you very much.