27 Jan 2016

My 999th barramundi
Maria MJ-1 S110F
I hope Darwin harbor should be stocked with more larval fish every year.

January 23, 2016
I went to Channel Island to fish.
The tide was going out.
Today's tides were big, therefore, the speed of the sea water movement was fast.
The sea water went down very quickly.
I couldn't stay for long at the same fishing point which means the productive fishing window was short.
You may call it a short productive fishing window, but you cannot call it a bad productive fishing window.
The reason is because you may catch many barramundi in a short time, in a short productive fishing window.  
I caught and released my 999th barramundi on lure by land based there.
I officially caught and released my 1st barramundi on lure by land based on March 30, 2010 because I started keeping a record in a blog of my fishing history from March 30, 2010.

The fishing result
78 barramundi in 2010 (50years old)
273 barramundi in 2011 (51years old)
375 barramundi in 2012 (52years old)
112 barramundi in 2013 (53years old)
83 barramundi in 2014 (54years old)
74 barramundi in 2015 (55years old)
4 barramundi in 2016 so far
Total: 999 barramundi

I tried to find the fishing-method utilizing habit thereof and tidal movement in 2010.
My job means that I often learn pearl-oysters.
Both of them are marine animals.
I was able to learn a lot of things from my job for my land based barramundi fishing.
The greater part of my land based barramundi fishing - learning is useful in my pearl-life too, nor 'vice versa'.

Live mullet are a favorite bait for barramundi.
It was very easy to find big schools of mullet in 2011 and 2012 in my usual fishing locations.
Thereafter it is almost impossible to find big schools of mullet in my usual fishing locations.
My fishing result is relative to the inflow of mullet into my fishing locations.
On the other hand, it is very important for an aquaculture people (Government) to release many young barramundi into Darwin harbor which means Darwin harbor should be stocked with larval fish every year.






January 23, 2016
Land based in Darwin




Maria MJ-1 S110F


Colour: Chrome

Size: 110mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm - 50cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Line: Fins 30LB Braid

Leader: TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 40LB Fluorocarbon

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: SHIMANO SCORPION 1500XT

Rod: ST.CROIX
6'6" Medium power, First action, 10-17lb, 1/4-5/8oz.
Customized by Mr. Matt West (Barra Classic 2010 Champion).

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #3

Action: Twitching






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.