14 Jan 2016

81cm Barramundi #997
Squidgies Fish

Tonight's high tide was 7.6m.
I thought that the sea would be still rough to fish on shore.
I went to a bank along the saltwater culvert in the city.
Unfortunately I found that two people were already fishing there.
I wouldn't join them because the bank was narrow for three people.
I started fishing at the culvert at a distance from the bank.
Fish wouldn't take my lures there.
I saw that one of them left from the bank and went to the bank.
There wasn't enough light to see his face.
I was surprised that the people there was my very good fishing friend, Mr. Ben Maunder.
He caught and released a small barramundi.
We had some slight fish strikings on our lures.
The water surface was very flat but fortunately there was no moon light.
Fish wouldn't take my lures positively.
I reduced the drag force of my fishing reel to the limit.
Some fish started holding my lures in their mouths.
They ran with my lures in their mouths.
But I couldn't hook them properly at that time.
People misunderstand that you cannot hook the fish if you reduce the drag force of your fishing reel to the limit.
Maybe you're right.
However, you will be able to increase fish's holding your lures in their mouths when fish won't take lures positively.
A good fisherman polishes his "hooking technique"in this situation.
I gradually increase the drag force of my fishing reel, giving my fishing rod some vibrations.
I used a very light Squidgies Fish 80mm black-gold with a 1/8oz jighead as a lure because my fishing line was a 10lb braid and my leader line was a 20lb mono.
The water was very shallow 30cm deep there.
A big fish ran and jump with Squidgies Fish in her mouth.
I succeeded in hooking that fish properly this time.
As a result, I caught and released a 81cm urban saltwater barramundi.



81cm Barramundi
January 11, 2016
Land based in Darwin




Squidgies Fish

Colour: Black/Gold

Size: 80mm

Where: Shallow water 30cm

Water: Murky Outgoing

Line: Fireline 10LB Braid

Leader: Jinkai 20LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: Shimano Sustain 1000FG

Rod: ST.CROIX  AVID/AVS66LF2 4-8LB 1/16-1/4oz. Fast action

Clip: FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS #2

Action: Stop and Go






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.