20 Apr 2016

66cm Barramundi #1010
Rapala Flatrap Rainbow Trout colour
Mindil Beach

The absolute number is small.
What does this mean?
The answer is that I don't have many chances to see bait fish in my usual fishing locations these days.
As an inevitable result, the number of barramundi drops below a standard in my usual fishing locations.
Normally, we always have a lot of barramundi in April.
However, I have caught only five barramundi since the beginning of this month.
You can recognize that I'm fishing in a very strange condition.
In such a situation, I have good news of the more effective lure for the barramundi fishing in store for you.
I'm a frequent lure changer.
I had some short barramundi's strikings on the same lure for the past few days.
Both the colour and the pattern should be very effective for the barramundi fishing under the condition like this.

I went to Mindil Beach to fish in the night on April 18.
The sea surface was slightly wavy.
The moon was behind a cloud.
It's a perfect condition for catching a barramundi in a shallow water.

There were many thousands of rocks covered with oysters in the water.
I reeled the fishing line and lure slowly.
That barramundi took my lure and powerfully rushed away in the super shallow water.
I luckily caught a 66cm barramundi without fishing-line breakage during use in an outgoing tide.




It's a nicely silver barramundi.




April 18, 2016 66cm barramundi
land based in Darwin




Rapala Flatrap itself is basically very effective for the barramundi fishing.
Rapala Flatrap has many kinds of the colours and the patterns.
Even among them, I want to focus on both the colour and the pattern in the above picture.


Rapala Flatrap

Colour: Rainbow Trout

Size: 100mm.

Where: Shallow water 30cm -50cm

Water: Clear Outgoing

Line: Sufix 15LB braid

Leader line: Triumph Super Shock Leader Fluorocarbon 30LB

Knot: The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel: Shimano Stella 2500FE

Rod: Wilson Live Fibre Sportfishing Series Blade 'N' Tails Light

Clip: Force ten Stainless Duo Lock Snaps #2

Action: Steady retrieving










Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 

にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ





Thank you very much.