8 Oct 2015

50cm Urban saltwater barramundi #977
Squidgy Pro Mongrel
Noisy wind isn't good!

A very calm sea surface like a mirror isn't good for catching a barramundi on lure by land based on shore.
A very wavy sea isn't good for catching a barramundi on lure by land based on shore.
And one more thing, a very noisy wind isn't good for catching a barramundi on lure by land based on shore.

It was very windy day last Saturday and Sunday.
I went to Channel Island to fish by my scooter on Saturday and Sunday.
The wind shrieked so loudly.
The sea surface wasn't very wavy.
I was wading in the shallow water.
I saw a barramundi chased small bait fish around me.
Barramundi wouldn't take my lures at all.
The other conditions except for the wind was very good.
I was fishing at the best timing of the productive fishing window.
After all, I couldn't catch any fish at Channel Island.

I got back home and relaxed.
The wind went down.
I went fishing to East Point.
The tide was coming.
The rocks I desired was located 15m offshore of the land-rocks.
I cast a Squidgy Pro Mongrel Aussie Herring colour 90mm into the water around that rocks.
I used a technique as a 'Stop and Go'.
Luckily I caught a 50cm fat urban saltwater barramundi just after sunset.




October 4, 2015 50cm barramundi
Land based, Darwin, NT, Australia




Squidgy Pro Mongrel

Colour: Aussie herring

Size:
90mm

Where:
Shallow water 30cm -50cm

Water:
Murky Incoming

Line: 
Sufix 832 15LB Braid

Leader:
TRIUMPH SUPER SHOCK LEADER 30LB Fluorocarbon
 
Knot:
The Slim Beauty Knot

Reel:
SHIMANO STELLA 2500FE

Rod:
WILSON LIVE FIBRE Sportfishing SERIES BLADE 'N' TAILS LIGHT

Clip:
FORCE TEN STAINLESS DUO LOCK SNAPS

Action:
Stop and Go








Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.