8 Sept 2013

Diamond trevally, Queen fish and Mackerel
Mr. Dave Krantz
Mr. Glenn Hubble

I haven't caught any barramundis since August 25.

On the other hand, these friends of mine enjoyed their fishing in September very much.
They know where they should go fishing and how they fish in September very well.

I  asked Dave to send me his recent fishing data and pictures three days ago.
Otherwise I won't be able to prepare the next article of my fishing column on Tuesday.

Hello Hiro

I hope you are well.
Last week I went fishing at the Vernons with Glenn Hubble and Quinton Pope.
We started off flicking lures around some of the shallow reefs surrounding the islands.
I chucked a big popper about for a while but with no success.
In theory this approach should attract GTs but it's hard work so I soon switched to other lures!
We caught a variety of small reef fish and I got a couple of diamond trevally on small plastics.
They are an unusual looking fish, very skinny with long trailing filaments on their fins.






Diamond trevally was caught by Mr. Dave Krantz.

When the tide changed we started jigging around a deeper reef.
There was occasional surface activity and casting produced some nice queenies and mackerel.
When the surface action subsided we dropped jigs down and got some more macks.
They were feeding on small whitebait and were only interested in small jigs.
Wire traces were no good, it seemed to put them off if there was even a short length of wire.
Tying the mono leader straight to the jig was the best approach, and despite this there were few bite offs. Great fun.
I have attached a couple of pics.




Nice sized Queenfish was caught by Mr. Dave Krantz.




Nice sized Queenfish was caught by Mr. Glenn Hubble, popularly known as Harbour Master.




Nice sized Mackerel was caught by Mr. Glenn Hubble.

☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!! Dave.






Please click on the " Fishing of Ranking" link. 
にほんブログ村 釣りブログ アカメ釣りへ



Thank you very much.